And let there be no doubt: I like tracking the time I spend with games.
Why? I honestly have no idea. I guess it's just pure curiosity--as in, I think it's interesting to see how much time I put into the games I play (especially ones I finish).
Anyway, because none of my other systems track play time like my 3DS does, I have to track it the old fashioned way--by keeping my eye on the clock as I play and then compiling the results in a text file after I'm done.
That's what I did to come up with almost all of the figures you see below, which represent how I spent my time with a variety of video games in 2018:
- Octopath Traveler (Switch)—106 hours, 40 minutes
- The Alliance Alive (3DS)—65 hours, 30 minutes
- Miitopia (3DS)—62 hours, 30 minutes (plus 7 hours, 45 minutes from 2017)
- Sushi Striker (3DS)—51 hours, 30 minutes
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! (Switch)—47 hours
- Black Bird (Switch)—37 hours, 40 minutes
- Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS)—26 hours
- Pocket Card Jockey (3DS)—21 hours, 45 minutes
- Dragon Quest Builders (Switch)—19 hours, 10 minutes
- Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)—17 hours, 40 minutes
- Sweet Home (Famicom)—12 hours, 10 minutes
- Death Mark (Switch)—11 hours, 20 minutes
- Space Dave! (Switch)—10 hours, 30 minutes
- Luigi’s Mansion (3DS)—10 hours, 25 minutes
- Undertale (Switch)—9 hours, 05 minutes
- Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers (3DS)—7 hours, 15 minutes
- Tobu Tobu Girl (GameBoy)—5 hours, 45 minutes
- Creeping Terror (3DS)—5 hours, 00 minutes
- Phantasy Star (Master System)—4 hours, 45 minutes
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)—4 hours, 30 minutes (plus 7 hours, 45 minutes from 2017)
Also, do you keep track of how much time you spend with games? If so, share your 2018 stats with me via a comment.
See also: how I spent my time with video games in 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014